Friday 21 September 2012

English Exam.

Phew! What a day it was. 3 hours. Pressure was building on and on with each minute passing by.
Firstly, I was down with viral fever to top it all food poisoning. English was the only subject I could get my hopes on but sadly I lost all of it when the big hand of the clock struck 11:45 am. The every tick and the every tock was so loud and I had 15 minutes left with 20 marks to cover.
I was so exhausted by the stress and amount of pressure I applied to myself too just finish my paper somewhere I reached the point of just puking right there. But I gathered all my energy and well like a soldier battled my way till the end.
Exams are a battlefield which tortures and hovers the life of students in a way nobody and only the students will get. Only we, the students, know how to get it done with the portions in just a day and a night of burning our midnight oil. That's probably the only way to save ourselves from getting killed by our opponents, the teachers.
I had exactly 15 minutes to write a note and a summary on a given passage and a comprehension to get done with. For a normal student with no pressure applied, it would take 5 minutes for one to read it once( because it was a big one and didn't make sense at all, basically boring topic) and every one has got to read it atleast thrice to understand the depth of the topic, that's about 15 minutes and planning of your note and summary takes you about 12 minutes in total. A comprehension would take about another 10 minutes to read and write. That's totally 37 minutes!
By the time I got done with my note-making, I lost all hope of finishing my paper. The teacher started collecting papers from junior classes, I had to make it. There's no way leaving it blank. 15 minutes and 20 marks, at the end I did it. You can imagine the speed of my writing and the condition of the paper. It was not presentable but I made it till the end. Victorious! A battle won! I kinda don't care about my marks what matters is you atleast completed what you set out to do. I was pretty impressed by my own speed. Great. 100 marks paper completed. Work done well. I was pretty relieved when I left the battle zone, I was the last person there. I made it to my fellow comrades. Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment